You would not believe the difference your blog can make to help others know they are not alone. ~ Tanya Misseghers
If anyone could melt my heart in a single sentence it would be the sentence above. I woke up to the notification of Tanya’s amazing and beautiful comment and suddenly I had the burst of energy I needed to get out of bed and blog for this week. To add sprinkles to this chocolate cupcake, she nominated me for the Liebster Award.
If you’ve been blogging you realize how rare it is to find other bloggers who enjoy reading and recognizing other bloggers work. (Half the time, it’s simply that we don’t have the time, barely keeping up with our own blogs as it is).
Thank you so much Tanya. It truly means the world to me that you took the time to not only read my blog but also to find meaning and value in my blog posts and that you believe in my ability to help others. Especially since your blog is phenomenal and inspiring as it is.
Acceptance of a Liebster award has rules (click the link for full details) which entails a number of things including:
- Thank your nominator.
- Share the award on your blog.
- Answer the 10 questions asked to you.
- Ask 10 questions to 10 new nominees.
- Notify them.
So here goes:
Tanya’s Liebster Award Questions:
1. For you, does blogging replace or enhance journalling?
I love writing but have never had the patience to write to myself. I love talking to people too. So in my humble opinion, blogging combined the two things I love and made the idea of journaling much more appealing and intriguing to me. It gives me a sense of comfort that I would not find if I simply wrote my thoughts in a tiny black leather bound book.
2. What is your must-have while blogging? Glass of wine? Snackage? Helpful cats sitting on your keyboard? Music? All of the above?
Recently I tend to find it difficult to sit down, focus and blog. (Partly my condition makes sitting with my arms in front of me painful and partly because I have the attention span of an energizer bunny on crack) To combat that I’ve found that if I listen to music I get lost in the words and my energy is more focused on writing. I can sing along so I don’t need to get up and do a million other things in between. As for the snacks or coffee, let’s be honest, a spiritual experience like blogging would not be the same without my dose of caffeine and sugar.
3. Have you ever attended a blogger’s meet-up in person? What was it like?
Unfortunately,I have not as I had to cancel on my last meetup due to family commitments and falling ill in the same week.
4. Do you always blog in the same physical location?
I usually blog in my bed room just because it’s easier to focus and be comfy at the same time however I do make tiny notes on my phone as and when inspiration strikes. I sometimes blog from my phone as well.
5. What is your most creative time of day/night for blogging?
As an insomniac of note, much to my parents dismay, I am usually most productive and creative at night. Since I am the only person awake at those hours, I spend my time blogging.
6. Are you active on any other social media platforms?
7. Do you have plans for monetizing your blog?
Perhaps, I suppose it depends on how the blog fares and if I find the need to spend money on the blog in order to improve it. In that case, I’d like it to pay for itself as we all know student budgets don’t include blogging fees.
8. What is your all-time favorite post and why?
My favorite post… hmmm… this is a hard one. Umm, I’d have to say my all-time favorite post, both to write and read, is The Rebel Queen because it was a fun and intriguing piece that speaks to a part of me that has always stood apart from normal girls who identify with the average princesses and fairy tales. I love the idea of women taking charge of their own destiny.
9. Name one person who isn’t blogging that you wish had a blog
My best friend, Leigh Anne, her mind is a marvelous array of ingenious and darkly humorous thoughts that I would love to delve into and indulge in.
10. What is your reaction to the nomination?
I am honestly awestruck and extremely excited. All I keep thinking is THANK YOU!
My Nominees Are:
- A Poet By Heart
- The Seeds 4 Life
- Quixotic Novelist
- The Modern Day Gypsy Diaries
- Why did you choose blogging instead of other mediums of self expression?
- What inspires you most?
- Name one person who you consider your biggest fan and why?
- If you could be world famous, what would you want to be famous for?
- What is the one city in the world you are dying to see?
- Where do you see yourself and your blog in five years?
- What are your goals for the next year?
- When do you feel most creative and willing to write?
- Do you ever get writers block and how do you deal with it?
- What, in your opinion, has influenced your life most? (event, person, item etc)